An excellent driveway sealer can help maintain the look of your driveway, keeping its beauty and quality through the course of time. Whatever pattern or colour it may be, we recommend that you seal your driveway right after the concrete has been cured so that you can get the best results. If not, then you will need the whole driveway cleaned so it’s free of dirt, grime, dust, and organic growth and then professionally sealed afterwards.
You can think of driveway sealing as applying sunscreen on your skin so that you may get the best level of protection from external factors. A good sealer can refine the look of your driveway, providing protection from harmful rays from the sun that could cause permanent damage to the surface.
There are multiple reasons why you should seal your driveway. Besides the things mentioned above, there are some more reasons why you should seal a driveway to add more levels of protection and layers. Some great reasons are:
• Sealing a driveway protects it from chemicals that could cause deterioration on the surface
• It protects the driveway from seasonal damage and bad weather
• Abrasion is highly reduced by sealing • The natural look of the driveway is intensified • Your driveway is protected from oils and grease by sealing • The lustrous look on the driveway is amplified • Cleaning is also made easier by sealing
Knowing when to seal a driveway is important if you want the end results to be perfect. These are the things to keep in mind to know when to seal a driveway.
• Knowing what type of sealer you want based on the appearance it creates or the desired effect. Do you want something glossy that stands out or just prefer to protect the surface in the best possible way?
• Make sure to know what type of surface your driveway is so that it can be compatible.
• After you’ve confirmed that the sealer takes care of grease, oil, water and stains.
• Knowing whether moisture vapor will escape successfully from the seal.
When it comes to driveway sealing, the amount of preparation is quite important if you want good results.
• Make room for preparation for the driveway by removing any stains that can be taken off using the right set of chemicals to make things easier.
• Pressure wash the surface and let it dry. Make sure to check the weather forecast and do it on a good day.
• Put on the sealant on all the sides and edges of the concrete. Make sure that the sealer is not too thick as it may pool in some areas.
• After all the sealing is done, give it time to fully dry and keep any pets or objects off the area where the seal is applied.